Creating a Legacy

We are proud of our past and excited about our future. For nearly 90 years Harrison has been guided by the conviction that hard work, superior service and quality product can make or break a company. Our pride is in our people who strive every day to continue the legacy rooted so many years ago.


A timeline of our history:

1928
Harrison Construction was incorporated by E.J. Harrison of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

1939
Max Harrison, E.J.’s son, established the Maryville Asphalt Plant and Concrete Plant in Alcoa, TN to move transformers for the Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA).

1950
Bob Jackson and Carl Davis purchased the Maryville Asphalt Plant and Concrete Plant and the company continued in East Tennessee.

1972
Harrison was acquired by Ashland, Inc. and became an APAC operating company, but the trade name of “Harrison, Inc.” was retained.

2006
The Harrison Division became a part of Appalachian Materials Group (AMG) of Oldcastle Materials.

2010
Harrison moved its main office to Knoxville, TN, and began a new office in Asheville, North Carolina, where it remains part of AMG of Old Castle Materials.

To this day, with 13 ready mix concrete plants, 19 hot mix asphalt plants, 9 quarries and 1 industrial minerals site, our values of safety, quality and integrity have remained steadfast.